Metal Gear Solid 5

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

kadosho wrote:David Hayter may not be returning as Solid Snake
I take it that guy's near and dear to MGS fans huh?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

mtwinny wrote:I take it that guy's near and dear to MGS fans huh?
Well yes, he's been Snake since the beginning. I'm not really disappointed by this since a) he was really quite bad in MGS4 and b) you don't play as Solid Snake in MGS5 and c) Big Boss at this point in time is probably around the age where they transitioned VA's (Hayter didn't voice Big Boss in MGS4 either).
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Really? I don't recall Big Boss' voice much in MGS4.

I do need to play that game again though, now that Trophies have been patched in...and I have a bigger HDD so I can install the game on it XD
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Really? I don't recall Big Boss' voice much in MGS4.

I do need to play that game again though, now that Trophies have been patched in...and I have a bigger HDD so I can install the game on it XD
I don't remember what he sounded like because all he talked about in MGS4 was a bunch of bollocks but he was voiced by Richard Doyle.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Huh. Would make sense for Kojima to stick with him, then.

It's a shame that Hayter won't be in it though - The Snake Sword hasn't even been included in the Western version of the MG Rising DLC that it's supposed to appear in, so he hasn't even done any vocal work for that.

I guess Solid Snake really did end with MGS4...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Huh. Would make sense for Kojima to stick with him, then.

It's a shame that Hayter won't be in it though - The Snake Sword hasn't even been included in the Western version of the MG Rising DLC that it's supposed to appear in, so he hasn't even done any vocal work for that.

I guess Solid Snake really did end with MGS4...
Well it seems Doyle may not be the VA for Big Boss in V either, who knows though, everything about that game is crazy.

And of course Snake ended with MGS4, there was no where else to go with that character, he should have offed himself like he was supposed to.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

There's always somewhere to go with Solid Snake, but I don't think they should.

I mean, there's a definite gap between MGS and MGS2 - you could explore how Philanthropy got started and all the goofy adventures Snake and Otacon no doubt went on. Or the gap between MGS2 and MGS4, and how Snake dealt with his body getting all old and crinkly :P
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:There's always somewhere to go with Solid Snake, but I don't think they should.

I mean, there's a definite gap between MGS and MGS2 - you could explore how Philanthropy got started and all the goofy adventures Snake and Otacon no doubt went on. Or the gap between MGS2 and MGS4, and how Snake dealt with his body getting all old and crinkly :P
By the way Otacon talks to Snake at the start of MGS2 I don't think they did much between MGS1 and 2 other than work on a bro handshake.

I would like to see remakes of Metal Gear 1 and 2 though.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Gavvie wrote:There's always somewhere to go with Solid Snake, but I don't think they should.

Wasn't the gap explained in 'Tales of Snake' in substance?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:Wasn't the gap explained in 'Tales of Snake' in substance?
I'm pretty sure Tales of Snake is what Snake is doing on the Tanker while Raiden does everything.