Super Smash Bros For Wii U and 3DS

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

This is a bit late but
Reknoc wrote:SHAFT
Click to reveal
lol
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

[youtube]MW6TpZPYd58[/youtube]

That magnificent bastard, Captain Falcon, returns. Happy Kaito. I was worried that since Nintendo seem to have put F-Zero to bed (at least for the time being) he might have been bumped from the roster.

Also, some folks from Fire Emblem have been added. Effectively turning the game into "Super Slash Brothers"

Get it? Slash. Like a sword.

I'm funny.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Nice that the Captain has finally been revealed, been holding out on us there lol

But not at all interested about those other revealed characters. Not much a fan of Fire Emblem so why feel hyped about their inclusion?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Count me in for the group that is excited to see Captain Falcon FINALLY confirmed to return (with just a couple of months until the 3DS release to boot). Mild about the others, seeing how I'm not into Fire Emblem.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Not bothered about Falcon, since it was p.obvious he was going to be in it despite F-Zero being a dead franchise. Don't know who any of the Fire Emblem characters are but glad they're in it.

I tweeted this earlier but I think it's worth posting:

Without Snake Konami has no representation in the new smash, which would pretty much make them the only oldguard of japanese developers not in the game since Capcom, Namco and SEGA all have a character. Don't want Snake though, would rather Konami look at their franchise graveyard and pull out something more interesting like Goemon from Ganbare Goemon / Mystical Ninja or Kid Dracula from... Kid Dracula.
... Simon Belmont would also be okay I guess.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Apparently. Rayman is a trophy in this game

Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Reknoc wrote:Don't want Snake though, would rather Konami look at their franchise graveyard and pull out something more interesting like Goemon from Ganbare Goemon / Mystical Ninja or Kid Dracula from... Kid Dracula.
... Simon Belmont would also be okay I guess.
Never heard of those names you've mentioned cept for Simon. He's from Castlevania, right?
Gonic wrote:Apparently. Rayman is a trophy in this game

Everyone thought Rayman was going to be represented as a new series along with himself as a new fighter, but nope, juuuust a trophy. Wonder if other third party characters gonna be as trophies...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Yeah I'm not too keen on the Fire Emblem characters either and I never doubted the fact that Caption Falcon was gonna be in there.
Gonic wrote:Apparently. Rayman is a trophy in this game

I wished Rayman was a character. It's such a shame seeing potential fighters just being used a trophies. (...I'm still disappointed we didn't get any new Sonic characters.)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Don't get why Rayman is in there at all tbh. The only slight connection he has with Nintendo is that Legend was going to be Wii U exclusive before getting delayed and made multiplatform and that Rayman 2 has been ported to everything.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Don't get why Rayman is in there at all tbh.
*Raises hand and leans out of his seat* OH! OH! I know! I know! It's that thing! Y'know?! That...! Oh, what's it called again...?

*Thinks really really had*

MONEY! That's the one!