The Unified "Sonic Boom" thread.

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Sonic Boom side series?
Twinny wrote:What I do know is that the Sonic Boom side series is going to play a part in it in some fashion.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Sonic Boom? You know the one right? Right? xD
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I know sonic boom, yes, but the side story i wanna know about
Twinny wrote:Sonic Boom? You know the one right? Right? xD
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Should've said side series instead of side story, my bad. :V

EDIT: I DID say "side story" two posts of mine back. Derp. MOVE ALONG LOOKY-LOOS.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Oh ok lol
Twinny wrote:Should've said side series instead of side story, my bad. :V

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gonic wrote:Whos it offending? I don't recall anyone saying that lol :P
Reknoc wrote:look man i have this SUPER SERIOUS question to ask about Sonic the Hedgehog and associated franchises i cant deal with them answering me with MEMES
Lmao I wasn't being directive towards anyone here I was speaking in general
Mick
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick »

I love the series, but I'm not a fan of the first game. I also have Sonic Boom plushies of Sonic & Tails. :cool:
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

So Sonic seems to be getting teased at the Tokyo Game Show. That means we'll hopefully see some 25th anniversary news maybe? Or if we're unlucky, maybe another Boom game...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Bump. If any of the mods are still active in the forums and actually read this, I think it'd be appreciated to change the title of this thread to the "Sonic Thread" or "Sonic Discussion thread" so Sonic related discussions can just take place here. Of course that's already happening but the title is still misleading none the less.

Anyhow back to what I was going to say. If I was to describe how I think some of the sonic fan base grew up, I think it wasn't just Sega that influenced Sonic around us but the fanbase itself. Many dedicated fans around us created fan material that was kind of really awesome. There were the Sonic Paradox crew that would make the Sonic shorts for example and Sonic fan games like Sonic Fan Remix that would always give a fresh breath of air. I don't know if other people grew up with these as well but these were certainly one of my highlight of growing up with Sonic.

So continuing on from this, this isn't NEW news but anyone remember the Sprite animation series Super Mario Bros. Z? I recall many fans, both Mario and Sonic fans, loved that series and were deeply saddened when Alvin Earthworm cancelled the series. I recall a while ago he said he wanted to return to it and now he has. He's returned with a reboot intro and plans to start again and I have to say, watching this really brings back memories:
[video=youtube;tz8qsmLmgI4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz8qsmLmgI4[/video]

He also set up a Patron pagefor anyone who wishes to pledge to him and support him in making the videos. Let's hope this time he does finish the series.

Also even older news which I'm sure everyone's heard of by now (except me because I'm slow), the Nazo unleashed creator, Chakra X has also announced that he wants to do a sequel and intends to do much better now with real voice acting, better animation quality and more. Here's a test video he released like a month ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyoC0N_FtHo

He seems to be also starting an Indiegogo soon so if anyone wants to support him, there's that.

So like I said, there hasn't been much from Sega recently but I still think it's a pretty nostalgic time to be alive right now with all these people who shaped the Sonic fan base making a return.
Anyone else hyped for this?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Wow, Super Mario Bros Z and Nazo Unleashed were those things back in my day, man. One wasn't as cringe-inducing as the other up to this day and age either.