Chickaroo Reviews - Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Another new Mario Kart game on the new Nintendo console! And you know what that means? More ways to set fire to your relationships with others! Fun for the whole family, right kids?Game: Mario Kart Wii
Systems: Nintendo Wii
Release Dates: 4/10/08 (JP), 4/11/08 (EU), 4/24/08 (AUS), 4/27/08 (NA), 4/30/08 (SK)
Developers: Nintendo EAD Group No. 1
Sorry - there is no story
Vroom Vroom, Outta The Way!
Gameplay: When the game came out, the game was bundled with a steering wheel where you can put the Wii controller in. So steering is pretty similar to steering in a car.
Just like in the other Mario Kart games, there are a few modes to choose from. Grand Prix (race in 4 tracks and try to win them), Time Trial (drive against a ghost to beat the fastest time), VS Race (play a track on your own or with friends) and Battle (battle against friends to win).
There are a total of 32 tracks in 8 cups. 16 new tracks and 16 retro tracks (race tracks that have appeared in past games).
Not only are there karts to race in, but there are motorcycles to drive in too. All karts and bikes have different ways of handling and different ways to drift.
NOW, to the actual driving gameplay. By using the Wii Steering Wheel, you can steer your character and holding the 2 button on the Wii mote for gas. By holding down the B button and steering, you can drift. Items make a comeback here, with some new items. The new ones are The Mega Mushroom which lets you grow big for a limited time and crush the other racers, the Thunder Cloud which shocks you and shrinks you and lastly, the POW block, which spins you out (unless you pop a wheelie and you could keep your speed).
Colorful and Semi-Clear
Graphics: For a Wii title, this looks pretty good. We all know that the Wii isn’t HD quality, but that doesn't mean the game sucks. This is the rare case of “gameplay over graphics”.
Catchy and Great
Music: This soundtrack is really good. The music is memorable and great. From Coconut Mall to Rainbow Road, it’s all really good.
Music is composed by Asuka Ohta and Ryo Nagamatsu.
A Great Kart Racing Game?
Overall: I have so much nostalgia for this game. It’s a lot of fun! And it’s really cool to use the steering wheel accessory. If you love Mario Kart, you better add this one to your library.
4 / 5
Sergadra
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Sergadra »

hm i would play it online with someone if i could ^^ :} but there i would need someone
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Sergadra wrote:hm i would play it online with someone if i could ^^ :} but there i would need someone
You can't. The servers have been shut down.
Sergadra
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Sergadra »

oh gawd... how stupid