Chickaroo Reviews - Spongebob: Lights, Camera, Pants! (PS2)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Spongebob: Lights, Camera, Pants! (PS2)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Jumping on the party games bandwagon is none other than Spongebob himself! But is this game worth it?Game: Spongebob: Lights, Camera, Pants!
Systems: PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, Game Boy Advance, PC
Release Dates: Xbox / PS2: 10/21/05 (NA + EU)
GBA / PC/ GameCube: 10/19/05 (NA), 11/18/05 (EU)
Developers: THQ Studio Australia
Who Will Win the Starring Role?
Story: There’s a new Mermaidman and Barnacleboy movie being filmed in Bikini Bottom! And they’re offering auditions for the main supervillain! But who will win the role? It’s up to the people of Bikini Bottom to make their way to the top!
Like Mario Party, But Without the Board
Gameplay: The game is set up as a multiplayer party game, similar to the Mario Party series. Except there is no party board, just the mini games. Mini games come in all kinds of varieties. All the mini games are also based on various locations of the show. Some are set in the Krusty Krab, Goo Lagoon, and much more locations.
So how it works is that there are a total of 3 mini games per location. After each mini game, you will be scored on if you won or not. Whoever has the most score will win the role for whatever scene they’re filming at that location.
Some of these mini games are fun while some can be pretty meh. But overall this game can be pretty fun especially with friends.
Colorful, But Choppy
Graphics: The graphics here look just a little bit okay. Having close-ups on the character models, you can see some pixels in there eyes and stuff. They look weirder than they did in previous Spongebob games. It’s not too terribly noticeable during gameplay but it is during cutscenes.
Get This Party Started
Music: This game’s soundtrack is pretty good! The songs are catchy and fun to listen to. I found myself toe-tapping to the songs too, so that’s a good sign. Some of it is hard to hear though as it’s not turned up all the way.
Is The Role Worth It?
Overall:Lights, Camera, Pants! is a pretty solid party game. It’s based off a lovable series, fun mini games and it’s all put together in a unique way. It’s not a super great game, but it;s fun to play with friends, especially if they aren't a huge fan of the party board part of the game.
3 / 5

NOTE: There will not be a review next week on 12/21. I am going to be busy with exams next week and I don't think I'll have time for a review. But afterwards, I'll do more reviews! Stay tuned!