Chickaroo Reviews - Space Channel 5: Part 2 (PS2)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Space Channel 5: Part 2 (PS2)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Ulala is back in the swing of things in the next installment in the Space Channel 5 series!Game: Space Channel 5: Part 2
Systems: DreamCast, PlayStation 2, Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, Steam
Release Dates: DC: 2/14/02 (JP)
PS2: 2/14/02 (JP), 2/12/03 (EU), 11/18/03 (NA)
Developers: United Game Artists
Ulala To the Rescue Once More!
Story: There’s a new group of enemies called the Rhythm Rouge who goes around forcing people to dance. The group is lead by the mysterious Purge who then tries to kidnap Space President Peace. So now it’s up to Ulala to go out and investigate and dance her way to saving the galaxy!
Simon Says Up, Down, Up, Down, Chu Chu Chu!
Gameplay: The gameplay is rather the same as the previous game. Ulala still dances her way through missions in a similar fashion to the “Simon Says” game. There are some new additions too. Now you can hold down the button for a long note in the rhythm. There are also new modes to play in too if you don’t want to play through just story mode. There is a multiplayer mode where one person creates the moves and the other has to copy it. There is a dance mode where you can play through 100 stages as a battle mode. You only have one heart as you dance, if you mess up, you have to start over.
There are also costumes to collect. Completing some missions in the story with a perfect score will grant you some cool costumes for Ulala.
More Neons and Space Colors!
Graphics: The graphics are pretty good this time around. Models look a little bit better and the game is a lot more colorful. Very neon colors make up the game and makes it stand out from other games in the market.
Break it Down, Space Michael!
Music: With a game centered around music, it’s very jazzy. Ulala is always moving to the beat of this 70’s themed soundtrack. Theres even a few different genres thrown in the mix too, like a rock battle between Ulala and her rival, Pudding.
Music is composed by Naofumi Hataya, Kenichi Tokoi, Tomoya Ohtani and Mariko Nanba.
Another Groovin’ Good Time?
Overall: Space Channel 5: Part 2 is a lot of fun. With more to do besides story mode and rewards to collect, it’s quite a blast. So put on your go-go boots and dance to the great beat of Space Channel 5: Part 2! Chickaroo, over and out.
4 / 5
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

I never played the sequel, but I did play the first one. The second one was a limited release, which was a bummer. I gotta admit, I wish there was a dance pad for Space Channel 5. I dunno why a d-pad or analog stick is what Sega gave us. But at the time it was tough, but a fun challenge. You never know Ulala could return =D
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I really liked this. One of the big differences you notice from the first game is they changed the graphics from pre-renderred backgrounds to fully 3D levels which looks a lot better. 2 player can be really fun too, where one person controls the directions and the other has the face buttons. Gets really tricky quite quickly.
Tic Tac, sir?