Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I'm still struggling to get the 4th Emerald XD

As for those of you who've managed to speedrun Splash Hill Act 1 - HOW THE HELL? I got down to 1:09, but I'm not sure how I can shave those extra six seconds off!
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Gavvie wrote:I'm still struggling to get the 4th Emerald XD

As for those of you who've managed to speedrun Splash Hill Act 1 - HOW THE HELL? I got down to 1:09, but I'm not sure how I can shave those extra six seconds off!
Keep it on top, Gav! :)
Try to use the upper path as much as you can. That's how I got to 0:58 or something. ;)
Shadid wrote:The 4th one takes the cake with the bumpers. And yes, the 7th is a runner-up. >_<

But alas, I spent yesterday playing and completing Sonic 4. And it's really fun. And I do disagree on the final boss part. After you get a hang of it, he becomes easy. Not gonna spoil it, though, that I'll leave it up to you. :P

Also, I'll go into more detail on Sonic 4 on the video review, look up for that.
Beat the final boss on my first try! Hooray for getting the iOS version a week earlier! XD
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

Shadid wrote:The 4th one takes the cake with the bumpers. And yes, the 7th is a runner-up. >_<

But alas, I spent yesterday playing and completing Sonic 4. And it's really fun. And I do disagree on the final boss part. After you get a hang of it, he becomes easy. Not gonna spoil it, though, that I'll leave it up to you. :P

Also, I'll go into more detail on Sonic 4 on the video review, look up for that.
Beat the final boss on my first try! Hooray for getting the iOS version a week earlier! XD
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Kool Chao wrote:Keep it on top, Gav! :)
Try to use the upper path as much as you can. That's how I got to 0:58 or something. ;)

sega said theyd give people who multipaltform the game something
Leox001
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Leox001 »

I enjoyed the game fully, I wouldn't really change anything from it.

The life system is very forgiving and can be easy but, that's something that needs to be made for games targeting family play these days, noone likes a hard challenge anymore and end up hating them!

But you can find challenge anyways in the Time Attack mode and with the Online Leaderboards, I've loved that mode ever since Sonic CD (The only thing missing now would be the unlockable anime cutscenes :P )
derkasan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by derkasan »

Just got it today for the PSN.

Those special stages are so weird. I'm trying to play them Sonic 1-style, but actually controlling them is so weird! Force of habit, I guess...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Shockerbey wrote:sega said theyd give people who multipaltform the game something
You'll get mentioned in a video, I believe. Hardly worth forking out for, if I'm being honest.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Gavvie wrote:I'm still struggling to get the 4th Emerald XD

I did get it faster though, just use your fingers! As I had a past with Sonic Advance and Neo Green Hill, I used that technique and got into 0:59, or such. XD

Also, as I mentioned before, I did manage to get the 7th emerald. Beaten the game with Super Sonic, and...hahahahah. (WARNING: Massive spoiler of the surprise with all emeralds. If you haven't beaten the game with all of them or don't have Sonic 4 but want to play , do NOT look.)
Click to reveal
Bring on the fixed Episode II!
I live here now!
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I have all Emeralds now, woo! Emerald #6 was grabbed with 00:00:06 (minutes:seconds:milliseconds) to go ^_^

I also promptly used Super Sonic to get the Splash Hill Act 1 time down to around 58 seconds odd. I know there's quicker, and I reckon I could perhaps do it quicker than that, but it'll do for now.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Gametrailers finally reviewed the game, giving it 7.5
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... c-4/706286

Main complaints was it borrows to heavily on Sonic 1&2 and not alot of content. Other than that its a good game :)

Finally played the demo and i enjoyed myself, im defiantly getting it soon.