Project 7 Announcement: RadioSEGA Does Reviews!

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

IGN= sellouts and anti Final Fantasy, much like how navgtr were

im also looking forward to Project 7

The theme used in the pics on Fb seems pretty good
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I can't express enough how retarded Navgtr is. After watching some of their reviews on YouTube, just..wow.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:When it comes to reviews, I trust user reviews, no matter what site it's on. I'd just rather hear the opinion of the gaming community and not some guy on a massive gaming site who gets paid to write it. I don't personally have anything against IGN, or Gamespot or whathaveyou though. All those review sites have their pros and cons.
Yeah, professional reviews are good if you're just getting your feet wet on a specific genre or franchise, but once you have your favorites it's best to go with amateur reviews, your friends, or your gut. You can definitely find gems that you'll love that are loathed or just ignored by most. That or they just get 6 scores for no reason.

Should this go forward, I'm hoping the reviews on this site will clearly designate opinion from fact so the player would make a smarter decision on what to buy/rent.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Kaito-kun wrote:To be honest their guides are good and there are some decent articles now and then, but there's something, no idea what it is about them, that rubs me the wrong way...If someone held a gun to my head I honestly couldn't put my finger on what it is about them.
Too corporate maybe? They're that large, it's almost like looking at reviews in the GAME website.

Anyway, off topic there XD sorry
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Reviews by normal gamers are only good if they know what they're talking about though :P

But I agree, I think the official critics can be too harsh because they look at ways that games push the industry and move forward, which isn't a bad thing, but it's nice to look at games for the value and entertainment they provide, regardless of whether they are reinventing the genre or not.

If you look at sites like Metacritic, it seems on many games that normal gamers disagree a lot with review site scores. But then review scores are a nuisance sometimes anyway.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Reviews by normal gamers are only good if they know what they're talking about though :P

But I agree, I think the official critics can be too harsh because they look at ways that games push the industry and move forward, which isn't a bad thing, but it's nice to look at games for the value and entertainment they provide, regardless of whether they are reinventing the genre or not.

If you look at sites like Metacritic, it seems on many games that normal gamers disagree a lot with review site scores. But then review scores are a nuisance sometimes anyway.
It's almost as if we should have two separate scores: a fun score and a reinvention score. Maybe RadioSEGA could be the first in doing so!
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

crippenstation wrote:I would be interested in doing it if it weren't for the whole 'UK/Europe' only thing...
Nothing stopping you in applying for it if you're able to get hold of SEGA games/have a big collection.

Only reason I mentioned UK/Europe specifically is because of game regions and such. I'm not discriminating members from other territories.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

If you were thinking of applying to be a RadioSEGA Reviewer, either for games or for music soundtracks, we're going to stop taking applications on Friday 3rd September!

Remember that applications should ideally be sent to me via PM, and that whilst we'd prefer Game Reviewers to be from UK/Europe (for region purposes..no good sending an American a PAL game, is it?), there is absolutely nothing stopping you from applying if you're able to source your own games/have a big collection.
damaster4u
Level 1
Level 1

Post by damaster4u »

Damn, im in canada. Still with all the used book stores around here and kijiji/Ebay and all thoese buying sites I bet I could get my hands on anything. Just like how i got my Dreamcast and all my games and stuff for it for only $80 ^^ Poor guy didnt know he was in possession of a gem.
Leox001
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Leox001 »

I'd love to take part in this.