Sonic and his Friends: What do you think of them?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
crush on sonic
Level 2
Level 2

Post by crush on sonic »

Well at least the Egghead does it in more variety, seeing as Bowser kidnaps peach EVERY SINGLE TIME. I think we can all agree that that is more than a little redundant
i am not sonamy crazy
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I dont remeber sonic rivals very well (thats prob a good thing) So i can only remember Nega in rush. I do like Eggman in Generations
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Guess I am broken..lol...nah, I only posted that to see any sort of reaction :P

Of course Super Mario Galaxy is awesome...just didn't play the sequel...I'll go change that post now...

Oh, and shockerbey, that stupid amusement park idea was in Colors...just sayin...either way, you have your viewpoint intact!
And Unleashed man, the eggmanland stage, ring any bells
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Ruling the world is always a terrible motive. Why would anyone want to rule the world? Seems like a massive chore. At least Bowser's motives are relatable.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Ruling the world is always a terrible motive. Why would anyone want to rule the world? Seems like a massive chore.
I've never thought of it like that before. You have to sort out all of the menial stuff the goverments do: Arrange a global healthcare system, policing, education, taxes. It wouldn't all be looking down over you domain and laughing manically.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Shockerbey wrote:And Unleashed man, the eggmanland stage, ring any bells

You mean that twisted steel and lava combination of death? With death traps and Egg-based machinery and crap? ...Oh yeah...
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

There was a roller coaster present and a statue of eggy, so yea im saying it was eggman land, from a load of war ships to a "form" of theme park is a big step in the wrong direction as for the theme park idea, check the wiki and that entrance looks like an amusement park
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Eggmanland is the most diabolical amusement park ever :P

Funny, as Eggman always wanted an Eggmanland to rule...who knew it would be an amusement park...guy must like those places...
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

I know right, but to be fair no lead comical villian is great. Bowser is too consistant eggman isnt, villians like metal sonic are good, all they want is sonic dead. He defo needs another game after how epic he was in heroes (further proving eggy bad)
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Reknoc wrote:Ruling the world is always a terrible motive. Why would anyone want to rule the world? Seems like a massive chore. At least Bowser's motives are relatable.
Then again, Bowser already IS a head of state, so he actually already achieved the whole domination thing partly. He just wants to make Peach his queen for some reason. It's of course up to speculation why exactly he wants; purely political reasons (i.e. royal marriage allowing him to seize the Mushroom Kingdom) or much much lower motives (i.e. having interspecies turtle/mushroom girl sex).

Well, anyway, regarding the topic... there's little characters I really care about in the Sonic franchise, to be perfectly frank. I think Robotnik is a solid villain since his archetype is quite durable, I guess Tails and Knuckles are OK too. I could live without most of the other additions, although I do have to admit that I'm probably one of the very few people who like Rogue, and one of the even less people who like Silver. And I like Silver purely because of the whole telekinesis concept he has going on - if they would've explored this better, had designed Silver to not look like a fan character, not have him have the most terrible voice actor conceivable by man, and not introduce him in the weakest entry to the already dazed series, he might've been a cool character.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit