Project 7: The Truth

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Project 7 is a lie... And there is cake.

On a more serious note, a number features of what's to come are beginning to come together.

I believe Gavvie has mentioned this already but when the switchover happens, the forums will be reset. The forums will be backed up before the switchover so we should have a copy in case anything is thought of after, but anything linked to externally from RadioSEGA obviously won't be. (eg. Photobucket images etc).

Start thinking now if there's anything you want to keep and feel free to PM, DM or email me.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

foreversonic wrote:Project 7 is a lie... And there is cake.

On a more serious note, a number features of what's to come are beginning to come together.

I believe Gavvie has mentioned this already but when the switchover happens, the forums will be reset. The forums will be backed up before the switchover so we should have a copy in case anything is thought of after, but anything linked to externally from RadioSEGA obviously won't be. (eg. Photobucket images etc).

Start thinking now if there's anything you want to keep and feel free to PM, DM or email me.
So to clarify, all the threads and posts will be saved?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Ah...so the friends list is going to be wiped out, along with the visitor messages and PMs...right?
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

I've just tried to copy the current user list across to the new forum and so far, it's looks to have gone successfully.
Kaito-kun wrote:So to clarify, all the threads and posts will be saved?
Threads and posts will be backed up so should you need to recover something after the switch, we should be able to find it, however the threads and posts will not be part of the new forum.
TheChaosBlue wrote:Ah...so the friends list is going to be wiped out, along with the visitor messages and PMs...right?
So far, the friends are intact. I shall be testing this with Gavvie soon. If you would like me to keep the visitor messages, I'll look into trying to migrate those as well, but as it stands, these are not in the new version. edit: I've managed to migrate these.

This is the first time I've ever attempted to not only migrate all users, but to do it while crossing vBulletin versions.

Please Note: None of the avatars have been copied across. You will need to re-apply these.
MTails
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MTails »

Wait, this is happening now?!
Click to reveal
If you can see me, welcome to the HB Club: RadioSEGA Branch! Take a seat, and hopefully you'll be released soon. Or maybe you'll rot here forever, who knows?
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

MTails wrote:Wait, this is happening now?!
I'm looking into migrating the forums, yeah. I've you looked at the visitor messages, between these two messages, you'll have noticed that I broke them XD . They should be back in this version and the next now.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

So long forums

After the last wipe, activity took a plunge, not sure they can take another beating
MTails
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MTails »

Thought they'd be a bigger fanfare..
Click to reveal
If you can see me, welcome to the HB Club: RadioSEGA Branch! Take a seat, and hopefully you'll be released soon. Or maybe you'll rot here forever, who knows?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Fanfare? Once I see it, then I'll give my part of the fanfare out. But, I am surprised this whole process with migrating the boards happened as fast. It's going to be tougher with the playlists will it?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

So... RS is getting a complete Makeover?