Pokémon

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

Kaito-kun wrote:Animated trailer:

[youtube]kBdp_dLEdqU[/youtube]

Japanese only though, no subtitles. I did find an English subtitled one the other day but the user has removed that video so we're stuck with this raw IGN offering.
The music isawesome!! Let's hope these are in the game (doubtful) but the trailer looks amazing, so much effort put into that.
TheChaosBlue wrote: Have anyone played the Game Boy game Pokemon Trading Card Game?
Yeah, really fun game, but I don't recommend buying it to be honest for one reason. It's so short it's insane. I suggest only to buy if it's too expensive for the real things.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I haven't played it since it was in Beta and it was rather buggy, but the new browser based version of the game is pretty good, ugly artstyle aside.

http://www.pokemontcg.com/
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

metalgamer wrote: Yeah, really fun game, but I don't recommend buying it to be honest for one reason. It's so short it's insane. I suggest only to buy if it's too expensive for the real things.
Um....I had the game given to me all those years ago, and it was a fun and enjoyable game for sure. Didn't feel short to me. Now I can just play it on emulator. :P
Reknoc wrote:I haven't played it since it was in Beta and it was rather buggy, but the new browser based version of the game is pretty good, ugly artstyle aside.

http://www.pokemontcg.com/
Oh, I wasn't mentioning the new browser version. I meant the first, cartridge based game. :U

I haven't touched the cards since the second movie.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Um....I had the game given to me all those years ago, and it was a fun and enjoyable game for sure. Didn't feel short to me. Now I can just play it on emulator. :P

Oh, I wasn't mentioning the new browser version. I meant the first, cartridge based game. :U

I haven't touched the cards since the second movie.
Oh I know, but the original is a little (okay a lot) dated so this is a viable alternative for people who don't want to deal with the hassle of the physical game. I already gave my thoughts on the GBC game on the previous page!
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Oh I know, but the original is a little (okay a lot) dated so this is a viable alternative for people who don't want to deal with the hassle of the physical game. I already gave my thoughts on the GBC game on the previous page!
Ah, need to read that then! Cool.

I still remember when the first movie came out in theaters...good memories. Speaking of which anyone had this Promotional Powerless Piece of Garbage? XD
melody_of_fate154
Level 3
Level 3

Post by melody_of_fate154 »

No i never saw that till now.. I remember when it came out! I rented it.. Wow that brings back a lot of memories. For some reason I think of Pokemon Puzzle League, for some reason. I still have issues beating Gary... I haven't beaten the last hard mode, epic fail
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Ah yes, the Ancient Mew card.....oh how this card became a selling point (& a damn good one) at promoting Pokemon: The First Movie...and how other fans during that time ACTUALLY used the card in regular gameplay. Like, what? XD
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

ozzypt
Level 10
Level 10

Post by ozzypt »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Ah, need to read that then! Cool.

I still remember when the first movie came out in theaters...good memories. Speaking of which anyone had this Promotional Powerless Piece of Garbage? XD
Piece of garbage? It is no such thing, in fact i still have mine (I think) i remember it, it was promotion from the first movie right? i also got a special pikachu card
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

ozzypt wrote:Piece of garbage? It is no such thing, in fact i still have mine (I think) i remember it, it was promotion from the first movie right? i also got a special pikachu card
Did you use the card in gameplay? Naw, I kid. But click the link. It tells you why it is a "Promotional Powerless Piece of Garbage," well in this day in age for some folk anyway. He didn't say that it was fully I think, he just went with the trope name and played with it a little.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

ozzypt
Level 10
Level 10

Post by ozzypt »

mtwinny wrote:Did you use the card in gameplay? Naw, I kid. But click the link. It tells you why it is a "Promotional Powerless Piece of Garbage," well in this day in age for some folk anyway. He didn't say that it was fully I think, he just went with the trope name and played with it a little.
I was joking with the fact that the pokemon is mew and come on! back then mew was the second rarest pokemon... damm celebi i wasn't able to get it back in the day XD , and no i did not use the card in gameplay not even once XD (now that you speak of playing, how many years have it been since i played pokemon tcg? quiet a few)