Random Chit-Chat Thread

What it says on the tin...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

If you love cats. Don't read this. You've been warned.

Yesterday was quite traumatising for me. I saw a cat get hit and killed by a car. The asshole driving the car did not stop or drive round them, they just hit and killed it. Without thinking me and my girlfriend ran over for some reason...it was having a fit. Then it just stopped moving... We didn't know what to do. It died right in front of me. I spent the rest of the day pale and sick to my stomach. My girlfriend was in tears and kept blaming herself for the whole incident. Thankfully someone took the cat to the vets to see if he/she was microchipped (it turned out it didnt). I really hope the person who hit this cat has this on their conscience for a very long time. So yeah. Sorry if I upset someone. I just needed to tell someone :(
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Oh dear...Not a good day. I saw a postman run over a dog once. The owner was walking it with one of those extending leashes. Something caught the dog's attention, it ran into the road, straight under the tyre of the post van. Nothing anyone could do at the time. It wasn't a pretty thing to watch.

The postie stopped after it happened. We would have stopped too, but we didn't want to miss the start of the film, you know?

...I'm horrible.
KC
Administrator
Administrator

Post by KC »

I ran over a kitten one time. It was night, pitch black and the little fella just jumped from nowhere in front of my car. Pretty disturbing but there was nothing to be done there.
I understand your feelings though.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Call me a psycho but I just can't get worked up about the odd cat dying. They have the easiest, most indulgent life of anything on the planet. Every other animal has to stare death in the face every day just to survive. Even humans have to go to work. Fed and kept, they even get to roam around and go where they want when they want, unlike any other pet or kids. It's like they've just been scooped out of the rules of the universe and don't have to take any responsibility or make any effort whatsoever. They live to please themselves. They're living the dream. And they don't even seem grateful for it. What makes them so special?!! Yeah, I'm jealous.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

I'd like to be a cat.
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

The thing is, if a animal like that is run over and the damage is bad, there's nothing you can do, that's the end of it. Also finally back after quite a long break from here, has anyone else noticed a mass drop of people using the forums recently?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

metalgamer wrote:Also finally back after quite a long break from here, has anyone else noticed a mass drop of people using the forums recently?
Yup, that's actually something I want to talk about with some of the staff.
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

It's honestly a massive shame, it's really hard to keep a community, it's not something I could hope to manage. I think if you want to talk to them, do it this week. Best to sort it as soon as possible. How has your day been Kaito?
Whooa21
Dev Team
Dev Team

Post by Whooa21 »

Well the forum is really active at the moment. I think it mostly is with how people are feeling/mood or how busy they are.
Personally I have nothing to post here (I have become the staff that only talks about staff things :P )
I need to fix this.
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

You're still human mate. Just chat with us, staff things aren't needed at this particular moment. How has your day been?