New Sonic Voice Actors

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

A good voice actor has range anyway. Take for example Nolan North, 99.9% of his roles are as Drake but I didn't know until I was told that he was a robot in Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time, or John DiMaggio who's Bender in Futurama, Wakka in Final Fantasy X and Marcus Fenix in Gears of War.

The fact that Roger was both Ezio and Chris Redfield shows he's at least capable of some range. Though really it all depends on the effort he's willing to put into the role, some bit character in Naruto doesn't require much effort at all compared to Ezio, guess which side of the scale I put Sonic in.
MrEthernex
Level 10
Level 10

Post by MrEthernex »

Ok, so kinda new news on the voice actors. TSS, Sonic Retro, and Sonic Wrecks got exclusive video of a Sonic Colo(u)rs cutscene that shows off Sonic's and Tails' new voice actors (Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins, respectively).

Sonic Retro article with YouTube video

Let me just say, they sound waaay different than the 4Kids actors. I can hear a little bit of surfer dude in Sonic's voice and a little bit of nerd in Tails'. It will take some time adjusting to the new voices, but overall, I'd say they work out with the characters.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

That video makes me wonder if Sonic will be voicing Ratchet in the next Ratchet and Clank. Since it's obvious that Ratchet is now voicing Sonic.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I like it, it is going to take awhile to get used to but its good. Have to say Tails sounds waaay better now >>
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Well, Sonic sounds older than I'm used to, but I can deal with that. I'm not "OMG! They sound so cool!" or "Ew, they're horrible." I'm in between. I like Tails' new voice, but it'll take a bit of getting used to for Sonic's. At the moment I still prefer Jason. Roger is a little too deep. Oh well. There's nothing I can do about it, so I'll just have to get used to it. Roger sounds much better than in the Alton Towers voice samples I heard though.

EDIT: After re-watching the vid, I have to say Tails sounds older too.
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

The voice acting is getting better, but I'm still so old fashioned that I prefer Sonic & company without any voice acting at all.
Leox001
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Leox001 »

They are a lot better than the ones before.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Wow, I played the Demo of Sonic Colors and it gave me the first look to sonic's new voice actor. He isn't bad I geuss.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Wow, I played the Demo of Sonic Colors and it gave me the first look to sonic's new voice actor. He isn't bad I geuss.
If you want to hear more of Roger as Sonic, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pVHJeIUWOI

That'll give you more to go on than the DS demo. You can't do voices very well on the DS.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

ShadowPhantom wrote:If you want to hear more of Roger as Sonic, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pVHJeIUWOI

That'll give you more to go on than the DS demo. You can't do voices very well on the DS.
Rune Factory and Castlevania say you're wrong.