The 'Today' Thread

What it says on the tin...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Go home for christmas tomorrow. Have to eat all of the food in the house first. Am currently spreading peanut butter onto Nice biscuits.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:Go home for christmas tomorrow. Have to eat all of the food in the house first. Am currently spreading peanut butter onto Nice biscuits.
Peanut butter on Nice biscuits? Interesting idea. I find peanut butter and chocolate bourbons works nicely.

Also, you'd expect the shops to be manic the weekend before Christmas, wouldn't you? Popped into town today and it was pretty dead. Work wasn't busy either.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Hope the streets of Leicester aren't too crowded tomorrow then when I head in.

Went to a party last night and got talking to the host about conspiracy theories (I'm doing my uni dissertation on them). Anyway he ended up lending us a copy of The Biggest Secret by David Icke. Apparently he was going for a jog around the local park and when he stopped for a rest on a bench some guy approached him and started asking him weird questions and before you know it he gave him this book and started trying to convert him like some new age christian. Telling him he'd just been discharged from the army and had seen the light. Mental. Anyway I've got it now. It's got it all, lizards, diana being offed, 9/11. Supposed to be the bible of conspiracies. Even if it doesn't help with uni work it looks like good fun.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Is that the one where the world is ruled by the illuminatti of lizard people?
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Yeah. Shame I didn't start looking into this a few years ago when my great grandad was still alive. He was in the Freemasons. I bet he knew something. Might have met the lizards.

The storm is trying to blow the roof off my shed. It only has about half of the felt roof at the minute.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

To anyone and everyone who has ever stood outside of a shop, waiting for it to open at 8am on a freezing, foggy, boxing day morning: Go home and spend your day off with your family, you sad excuse for a human being.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

We don't even celebrate Boxing Day here.

Are you implying that you had to (or have) gone through that in the past?

Anywho, feeling much better today than yesterday. Yesterday just felt...meh. Even bleh at one point. Didn't feel like Christmas to me at all really.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Boxing Day....eh? Don't celebrate here so yeah.

Today I'm thinking what will happen tomorrow. Go me.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Anywho, feeling much better today than yesterday. Yesterday just felt...meh. Even bleh at one point. Didn't feel like Christmas to me at all really.
Glad to hear you're feeling better.
TheChaosBlue wrote:We don't even celebrate Boxing Day here.

Are you implying that you had to (or have) gone through that in the past?
I work in a retail enviroment. The January Sales start on Boxing Day.

And no-one "celebrates" anything on Boxing Day. It's just...Turkey Hangover day.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:And no-one "celebrates" anything on Boxing Day. It's just...Turkey Hangover day.
And here I thought 'Turkey Hangover Day' was the day after Thanksgiving otherwise known as Black Friday...

And then I realized....oh confound different regional holidays.