What did you just beat?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

From what little I've played (about two hours tops), it is a superb game. The combat can be pretty generic, and some of the character models are a little iffy (especially for a game barely two years old), but the graphics in general are just lovely.

I would imagine the game's on the cheap side by now - buy it new if you want to experience American McGee's Alice (not 100% recommended, but Madness Returns' story does follow on...), or just pick it up 2nd hand. Either way, it's well worth a look.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:From what little I've played (about two hours tops), it is a superb game. The combat can be pretty generic, and some of the character models are a little iffy (especially for a game barely two years old), but the graphics in general are just lovely.

I would imagine the game's on the cheap side by now - buy it new if you want to experience American McGee's Alice (not 100% recommended, but Madness Returns' story does follow on...), or just pick it up 2nd hand. Either way, it's well worth a look.
? The character models are amazing, any "iffy"ness is likely down to the art style. I ended up double dipping on Alice and got it during the steam sale. Even better on PC at 60FPS, though Physx is kinda lame considering the most impressive physics are already in engine lol

edit: actually there may be some average texturing, but age is unimportant when you consider it was made by a small team in china.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, the texturing was what I meant - the actual models themselves look pretty good.

I actually never noticed Alice's dress change when I went from the Vale of Tears to Hatter's Domain XD Proper confused me when I realised she was now wearing black.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Yeah, the texturing was what I meant - the actual models themselves look pretty good.

I actually never noticed Alice's dress change when I went from the Vale of Tears to Hatter's Domain XD Proper confused me when I realised she was now wearing black.
Yea it took me a while to realise as well, each chapter is like 3 segments with her dress being different in each segment
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

It's an RPG, right? (to clarify)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Dr Shaneman wrote:It's an RPG, right? (to clarify)
No, it's an action game.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Finished Alice: Madness Returns last night.

Story was a hell of a lot easier to follow than the original games, and the graphics did improve as I got further in. Just a little disappointed that the final boss was a bit on the easy side, even on Hard. Shame.

I've heard a lot about plans for a third game, although EA don't sound too keen, and it also sounds like McGee wants to make it an MMO, of sorts. So...yeah, let's leave it at two :)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Finished Alice: Madness Returns last night.

Story was a hell of a lot easier to follow than the original games, and the graphics did improve as I got further in. Just a little disappointed that the final boss was a bit on the easy side, even on Hard. Shame.

I've heard a lot about plans for a third game, although EA don't sound too keen, and it also sounds like McGee wants to make it an MMO, of sorts. So...yeah, let's leave it at two :)
EA don't need to, sounds like he's drumming up support for a Kickstarter.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Ugh...I'd probably opt in if he was going to do that, but I'm not too sure I'd be that happy about it XD

I don't want an MMO Alice game, I'd quite like a continuation of the story, in the same style as Madness Returns. Is that really so hard?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Ugh...I'd probably opt in if he was going to do that, but I'm not too sure I'd be that happy about it XD

I don't want an MMO Alice game, I'd quite like a continuation of the story, in the same style as Madness Returns. Is that really so hard?
Well maybe hopefully making Arkaino or whatever has gotten the MMO bug out of his system.