RUMOUR: SEGA Trying to Erase Shining Force III from History?!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

So much info from one person who may very well just leave on a whim.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Of course, they could also be removing the vids because they're prepping Shining Force III for a HD re-release...There's quite a few reasons as to why something like this would be done.
aelean
Level 1
Level 1

Post by aelean »

I am MarauderEx's wife, he is one of the people who has had his YouTube channel removed. I am actually the person who emailed SEGA the first time, and I am currently waiting on a response to a follow up email I sent them asking them to verify with YouTube that they are not responsible based on the email they sent. As for removing the video based on the idea that they're releasing it in HD, they didn't do that with Nights, so why start now?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

My guess is this: NiGHTS isn't an RPG, so there aren't major spoilers around on the Internet. Same goes with SEGA's other HD re-releases.
MarauderEX
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MarauderEX »

Ok first of all spoilers on a 14 year old game? thats a just cause to remove hundreds of videos on youtube? and even saying that NiGHTS and Guardian Heroes had a less in depth story so that makes it ok is flimsy. Second, A re-release is EXTREMELY unlikely as the early Shining games were also worked on by Camelot, to be honest its a miracle that SF1, SF2 and Shining in the darkness are available given the amount of bad blood between the two companies. and SF3 was the final nail in the coffin for their working relationship. Third it was not just SF3 videos, it was Shining the holy ark as well, which you could make the argument that with the new Shining ark game coming out on the PSP in Japan but that is a flimsy argument at best as they share NOTHING story related. Last but not least fourth, several other videos which were just fans on camera stating how they miss the franchise here in the US which were also flagged by the same entity as these which is insane as sega was trying to copyright a persons face and voice just happening to talk about a franchise, I can even begin to talk about how shaky of a legal argument that is. I am waiting to see what the outcome of Totalbiscuits lawyers talking to SEGA and youtube yield as that will show if it is actually a branch of SEGA, or if it is a troll abusing the claim system.
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

That is very bizarre, any word from any of SEGA's PR ninjas? Hopefully this doesn't happen to other titles too
aelean
Level 1
Level 1

Post by aelean »

Still waiting to hear back, but since today was a holiday, not expecting it to happen before Monday...
aelean
Level 1
Level 1

Post by aelean »

In case anyone was wondering, I still haven't heard anything back from SEGA. My original message was sent seventeen days ago today and I have sent several follow-up messages with no response...
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

This honestly pains my heart, but well, to me, the Shining series died with Camelot. The new games are just not the same. Maybe they're trying to just make a clean slate with their newer Shining games and make sure the brand isn't muddied by the older games? They're obviously so very different, despite the similar names.

As for a re-release, it's very unlikely. It's so unlikely that I would buy a freakin' hat made of male butt hair and eat it if SEGA ever re-released Shining the Holy Ark or Shining Force 3. Course, if they did, it would be one of the happiest days of my life, butt-hair hat or no.
Atrias
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Atrias »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:This honestly pains my heart, but well, to me, the Shining series died with Camelot. The new games are just not the same. Maybe they're trying to just make a clean slate with their newer Shining games and make sure the brand isn't muddied by the older games? They're obviously so very different, despite the similar names.

As for a re-release, it's very unlikely. It's so unlikely that I would buy a freakin' hat made of male butt hair and eat it if SEGA ever re-released Shining the Holy Ark or Shining Force 3. Course, if they did, it would be one of the happiest days of my life, butt-hair hat or no.
Agreed, I have a number of organs I would be willing to part with in order to see a fully translated SF3 HD Remake... limbs too... sadly I feel this is an unreachable goal but I will forever hold out hope and do my level best to keep these organs in a functional condition should such a prospect arise!